Last Updated: July 11, 2019
This page is used to inform website visitors regarding our policies with respect to the collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information of anyone deciding to use Undock, referred to below as “our Service”.
Information Collection and Use
For a better experience while using our Service, we may require you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information, including but not limited to your name, email address, phone number, and postal address. The information that we collect will only be used to provide functionality of our Service and will never be shared or sold to any third party for any reason.
We want to inform you that whenever you visit our Service, we collect information that your browser sends to us that is called Log Data. This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser version, pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, and other statistics. This anonymous log data is used to improve our Service and is not traceable to your personal identity. We do not share or sell this data to any third party for any reason.
Cookies and Local Storage
Cookies and Local Storage are files with a small amount of data that are commonly used as an anonymous unique identifier. These are sent to your browser from the website that you visit and are stored on your computer’s hard drive. We may store very small amounts of data on your hard drive in Local Storage as a result of you using our Service. This data includes public connection tokens and user preferences that can in no way be used to track you or your browsing activity outside of our Service. This data is used to provide functionality such as to ensure that you do not have to sign in or re-authenticate your session each time you close your browser and is completely wiped out upon you logging out of our Service.
We may employ third-party companies and individuals due to the following reasons:
- To facilitate our Service;
- To provide the Service on our behalf;
- To perform Service-related services; or
- To assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
We want to inform our Service users that these third parties have access to your Personal Information. The reason is to perform the tasks assigned to them on our behalf. However, as stated in their individual Privacy Policies listed below, they are obligated not to disclose or use the information for any other purpose.
Our Service uses Amazon’s AWS S3 file storage service for the following reasons:
- To store downloaded email images and file attachments (collectively referred to as “files”) to display to you in the email client section of our Service;
Only you, to which these files belong, may view and access these files by using our Service. Our Service will never attempt to access these files except to provide the above mentioned functionality of our Service. In addition, our Service will never have a human being view these files and will never share any files or access to them with any third party for any reason.
You can view Amazon AWS’s Data Privacy FAQ at https://aws.amazon.com/compliance/data-privacy-faq/
When signing up for our Service with an email account hosted by Google (i.e. gmail.com or G-Suite), you will be asked to give permission for our Service to have read-only access to both your Google Calendars and your Google Contacts. The following explains the way in which our Service uses (and does NOT use) these permissions:
Our Service does:
• Read and store the URL of your Google Profile image in order to display the image to you and other Users within the context of our Service
• Perform a one-time, one-way sync of your Google Contacts into our Service so that it may provide you contact functionality in conjunction with the other features of our Service. The names, email addresses, phone numbers, physical addresses, image URLs, company names and job titles (if available) from your Google contacts are copied into local contact objects within our Service and are displayed as a contact list. Additional details can be added by you to the contact objects in our Service, but our Service will never alter the original contacts stored in your Google Contacts. You may choose to deny the Contacts permission without impairing the rest of the functionality of our Service.
• Import read-only copies of and display calendar events from all Google Calendars accessible by your account into our Service so that it may integrate those events with the calendar functionality built into our Service. The event titles and dates are copied into objects within our Service and used to display on a calendar along side calendar events that you can generate from within our Service. Additional details can be added by you to the event objects in our Service, but our Service will never alter the original events stored in your Google Calendars. You may choose to deny the Calendars permission without impairing the rest of the functionality of our Service.
Our Service does NOT:
• Collect or store your Gmail/G-Suite/Google password, not even in an encrypted form
• Provide any way for you or our Service to edit, delete or otherwise alter any email messages from your Google account from within our Service
• Provide any way for you or our Service to edit, delete or otherwise alter the contents of any calendar event or contact from your Google account
• Share, sell or otherwise disseminate any part of any calendar event or contact from your Google account to any third party or attempt to have any human read any part of any of these items
• Collect or aggregate any private or personally identifiable information from your Google Profile or any email message, calendar event or contact except as to provide the respective functionalities of our Service (detailed above).
We value your trust in providing us your Personal Information, thus we are striving to use commercially acceptable means of protecting it. But remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and reliable, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Links to Other Sites